Friday, March 25, 2011

Little Village

This week has just been "one of those weeks".  It started last Wednesday.. and has continuously been rolling over into the next day and most likely this snowball effect will keep building until Tuesday. 

Thoughts of the Week...
As I crave to run, the clouds relinquish tears and winds howl.  
For lent I am trying to give up eating out. On Friday I had a taco, Saturday a wrap, Tuesday a smoothie... 
Solid good fact about the rain, you can put off washing your car for a few more days
5 cookies + 1 cookie + ice cream + other nightly goodies = a (backwards) step in the right direction
When I'm fifty I'll drink coffee as my 3 meals per day
Wet Tom's means frozen toes.
Has her heart set on a Subaru . 
Will never stop adoring Jamie Oliver.
Desires hydrangea decorated cupcakes for birthday.
What juicer is the juicer for me?!
Summer classes, summer classes, summer classes. Why must I take you?
Sweden. I want to travel to Sweden. 
... and PLENTY of other random thoughts.

Lesson of the Week: "There always seems to be something naggingly imperfect in life. We have the idea that if we could only get it all together, attain some imagined state of complete wholeness and authenticity, everything would be great. Being happy is about being able to relax into the imperfect nature of our experience, not about finally having everything just the way we want it." -Whole Living Magazine
Seen above: Cranberry Scones- love the rustic texture! 
The Eclair Bakery in Arroyo Grande, California. Though it is not a vegan bakery in particular, they do seem to carry on a daily basis a vegan cupcake (usually chocolate with buttercream) and a chocolate, blueberry cookie. This cookie is divine! Its soft, chewy, and moist. With each bite you have either that chewy dried blueberry, or a creamy melted chocolate chip. Have it along side a cup of coffee and you can see heaven's gates open. So if you are ever in my little town of Arroyo Grande, do stop at the Eclair Bakery and pick yourself up something sweet to try. The scone I bought today makes me want to bake some vegan scones. Pear and Ginger possibly? I have a wacky idea of wrapping them in phyllo dough before baking as well...


Down below: chocolate cupcake, with buttercream frosting, dipped in chocolate ganache. 
My hearty friend- the artichoke. Largest one I have seen this beginning spring. He was only $3.50 at the farmers market on Saturday. I also purchased fresh asparagus, broccoli, sprouted beans, and strawberries. Have I mentioned how eager I am to make a strawberry rhubarb crumble? Delicate individual crumbles topped with a cashew cream or maybe a homemade coconut ice cream. Oh summer should come sooner! 

No comments:

Post a Comment