Saturday, April 2, 2011

Meet Maliah Jenkins

This past Monday was my 20th birthday, and while celebrating I snapped a few shots of the kids. As I began rummaging around my old photos I found a few more of this darling little gal. Isn't she precious? I'm sure everyone of you (yes, my dozens of non-existent readers) would have to say the same! She's a very bright girl, with huge smile and can soften any one's heart. While she has her bratty moments (which we all have had and probably still do) she is definitely one of the greatest joys of my life. Becoming an aunt at a young age, and now having three nieces and a nephew, has really opened my eyes to a new level of responsibility and happiness over the years. 
I love how little ones...
see greatness in simplicity
are wizards at the computer
can grin & giggle their way out of trouble
can watch one movie over & over...& over
use their fingers & toes to count
use my birthday as an excuse not to do their homework
are untainted by culture & society
think "kitties" as dolls
have a massive capacity for learning
will never be embarrassed until puberty...

What have your little ones taught you recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment