Monday, January 10, 2011

Detox Week 1, Day 1

      So today is the first day of my rejuvenating cleansing diet. I've decided to keep it as more of a "rejuvenating" diet rather than a detox in hopes that I will be less likely to stray away. It is a four week diet that gradually progresses.


This first week consists of many 'detox don'ts'... 


  • no processed foods
  • no added sugars ( a little agave/ maple syrup is okay)
  • no high concentrated fruit juices
  • no eggs
  • no dairy
  • no gluten/wheat
  • no corn
  • no soy
  • no alcohol
  • no caffeine
       So it may sound like a loooot to cut out, but keep in mind that since I am vegan dairy and eggs are already ruled out. Oh, and alcohol as well since I'm under age. I hardly consume processed foods and try my hardest not to add sugar to things, so that is the least of my worries. But I am a tad stressed on no caffeine, no soy, and no gluten. Personally, I am one of those coffee lovers. I drink it daily, multiple times a day, and when I'm not drinking it I'm sipping ice tea. Caffeine is consistent throughout my day. Soy on the other hand is in nearly every product known to man, but this shouldn't be super hard since it is mostly in processed foods. Lastly, gluten, I've been eating more whole wheat bread/tortillas/cereals and such to keep my carbs up and to help with protein so now I have the challenges of trying other grains. 


Day 1


10:00am Breakfast:1/2 grapefruit
                               Steelcut oats w/ blueberries, coconut, sunflower seeds, almond milk


1:00 pm Snack1:    1 kiwi & small handful of grapes


2:00 pm Snack 2:   Tiny salad w/ greens, white beans, tomato, cucumber, balsamic vinegar
                              Green Beans with quinoa


4:00 pm Lunch:     Salad w/ greens, roasted bell pepper, pepitas, mixed beans, and a bulger salad- (New Frontiers)


5:30 pm Snack 3:   Brown rice cake with almond butter


(these last two I'm guessing on since it's about six now heh)
7:00 pm Dinner:     Butternut squash and mushrooms soup


9:00 pm Snack 4:  (2) Gluten free-vegan muffins!   : )          
    
                 My guess is that this is probably toooo much food for a detox... but I eat a lot! I may be a little gal but I can sure pack it! hah Does anyone have any recommendations to improve this detox?? I really want some change but not sure if it's going to happen. Let me know if anyone wants to try it as well! Here is the link for all the information you'd need about your Detox!


Joe Ben skating away in Cayucos

No comments:

Post a Comment