Friday, November 12, 2010

Harvest Party Muffins

I finally succeeded and made a pumpkin pastry! I'm so excited. Pumpkin is my absolute favorite to cook with and yet I rarely get the chance, so this evening I finally made sure to put aside time and bake. I made Harvest Muffins! I call them this because I have a major desire to throw a harvest party, I mean how splendid and blissful does that sound? To sit outside on a wooden table, decorated with deep warm sunflowers, surrounded by green meadows in the Autumn air... awe, it just sounds too lovely! At least it's a fantasy of mine. Maybe one day I can live up to my fantasy; I suppose we shall see.

 But these muffins were made for my dear friend Jordan up in Oregon, so I hope and pray they'll continue to be fresh and moist by the time they reach her mouth! 



My muffins are inspired by Post Punk Kitchen's  recipe for pumpkin muffins, just a bit revised to a healthier version : )

Harvest Muffins

 Makes 12 muffins
Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit 
Spray a nonstick spray on muffin pan, or use paper cups.
(I personally cut squares of parchment paper for a fun touch.)

1 3/4 cup Whole Wheat White Flour
1 1/4 Raw Sugar
1 Tbl baking powder
1/4 Sea Salt
1 Tsp Cinnamon
3/4 Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/8 Tsp Ground Cloves
1/2 Tsp Nutmeg

Sift dry ingredients together in one bowl. 

1 cup Pumpkin ( I used organic canned)
1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
1/2 cup Apple Sauce
2 Tbl Molasses 

 Stir all wet ingredients together in a separate bowl.
 Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together

1/2 cup Fresh Cranberries Chopped
1/2 cup Walnuts Chopped

 Fold in cranberries and walnuts
Fill muffin tins about full, the batter should be mostly used up. 

 Bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. 


Enjoy with a good cup of morning joe to start your day!


No comments:

Post a Comment